2019 KJB Litter Index Survey
What is the KJB Litter Index?
The KJB Litter Index is a simple tool that allows a quick visual assessment of the amount of litter present in our community. The data obtained through the Litter Index will determine the types of community improvement programs needed to address current conditions and achieve long-term sustainable results.
The KJB Litter Index is divided into the 7 Wards in Jackson. Six one-mile sections of road were randomly selected from each district. These six roads were selected to include main routes under the jurisdiction of both county and the state.
KACCB is asking citizens to provide input on the litter they see in their community by submitting their score for the selected road for one or more of the commission districts between the dates of 5/1/17 and 7/16/2016.
To submit survey results:
- Print a copy of the Litter Index Maps/Score Sheets (or find just the Scoring Sheet here) for the district(s) that you would like to evaluate. You may survey as many districts as you'd like and you may survey a district on multiple dates.
- Walk, bike, or drive the six selected road sections for your district(s)
- Rate each road section on a scale of one to four for litter.
- Visit our website and submit your results for your applicable districts. You may also mail your form(s) if you are unable to enter your results.
- Pat yourself on the back! We appreciate your help!